April 4, 2019 - Elliott Equipment Company introduced the D86, a new ANSI 10.31 digger derrick.
Like its predecessors, the D115 and the D105, the D86 is specifically designed for transmission and heavy-duty construction projects. Mounted on a tandem-axle chassis, the D86 digger derrick boasts an 86-ft. sheave height, 20,000 ft.-lbs. of torque, and a 41-ft. digging radius. The unit is equipped with Elliott’s high boom pin point geometry allowing for maximum power out of the hole, a variable displacement piston pump, and an ergonomic seated control console.
Key features of the D86 digger derrick include:
- Three-section proportional steel boom with an 86-ft. sheave height
- A 20,000 ft.-lb. high torque digger system with auger spin speeds of 35 rpm (low) and 80 rpm (high)
- Digging radius of up to 41 ft. and digging depth of up to 16 ft.
- New front-entry seated pedestal control station
- Oil/Oil controls for smooth operation
- Simplified Hydraulic Load Limiter (HLL)
- 12,000 lbs. single line pull main winch with synthetic rope and 50,000-lb. maximum lift capacity at a 10-ft. radius
- Radio anti-two-block system
- Mounts on a tandem chassis
- Optional heavy-duty tilting pole claw attachment and pole guide designed for gripping large poles
- Optional radio remote-control boom and digger operation
- Optional out and down ‘EZ-CRIB’ high-penetration two-stage vertical outriggers with full or mid-span operation
- Backed by one-year parts and labor warranty